LG G4 officially hit the retail stores in India yesterday at an MRP of Rs.51000 ($810 approx.). It was launched in a glittering event in Mumbai where Indian movie star and LG’s brand ambassador Amitabh Bacchan launched the flagship Android phone in the country. Along with Mr.Bacchan, Soon Kwon, MD LG Electronics was also present in the launch event. With G4, LG is trying hard to increase their market share in the premium smartphone segment (which is currently dominated by Samsung).
Interestingly LG has launched a dual SIM (both 4G LTE) variant of LG G4 (H818N model) in India. They have opted for a customary Rs.50K+ launch price (Samsung also launched Galaxy S6 at this price in April). However this price has been ridiculed by many online stores – they are already selling G4 in the price range of Rs.44500-46000.
According to Amit Gujral, LG India Marketing head, LG G4 (leather back-cover variants in three colors) will be sold roughly across 6000 offline retail stores in the country. Gujral also disclosed that the Ceramic White variant will be sold exclusively via Amazon.in Besides almost all major online stores, Flipkart, Snapdeal, Infibeam etc have already listed LG G4 with varying price. LG is targeting to sell over 100000 LG G4 units in India.
According to various expert reviews LG G4 probably has the best camera module in a phone right now. It has all the top-notch specs and features expected from a flagship of 2015
- 1.8GHz, hexacore Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 CPU, Adreno 418 GPU
- 3 GB RAM, 32GB internal memory (expandable upto 128GB)
- 5.5 inches QuadHD IPS Quantum display (537ppi) with Gorilla Glass 4 coating
- 16 MP main camera with f/1.8 aperture lens, Laser autofocus and capable of recording RAW images, DSLR like manually adjustable settings, dual LED flash, 8MP front camera
- Android 5.1 Lollipop OS with new human-centric LG 4.0 UX
- Premium almost bezel-less design, premium leather back cover, slightly curved display and body for comfortable grip
- 3000mAh removable battery, wireless charging support